What Do I Wear In Winter Without Compromising On Style?

Piccadilly Circus Winter Layers Blogger

Winter, the season I wish I could hibernate through. I don’t particularly react well to cold weather, neither do my style choices. Scrolling to get inspiration from Pinterest and Instagram, I seem to be stuck in my ways, with a typical uniform of joggers and oversized t-shirts. I noticed a problem, excelling in one season yet lacking in another. Longing for summer days, a warmer climate, exploring a new city in light floral outfits. My favourite time of the year, bursting with content ideas, a season that speaks to my soul. In comparison, my winter style wasn’t as exciting, I couldn’t rest until this issue was resolved.

My approach to fashion during winter involved compromising on my usual style for comfort and warmth. Honestly, if I had it my way, I’d probably be walking around wrapped in a blanket, not glamorous or practical but very cosy. As I scrolled through beautifully styled outfits on Pinterest, two things that stood out were basics and layering. Taking this into consideration, here are five styling tips I plan to adopt during this season to elevate my style.

• Adding a blazer to a simple white t-shirt
  • Adding a scarf to complete an outfit
  • Bringing an edge to an outfit with chunky trainers
  • Layering in similar tones, mixing textures optional
  • Being warm and chic in roll neck jumpers

Over the next few months, from now until spring, neutrals will be my new best friend. I say this because it’s simple to style block colours, everything meshes together effortlessly. As for my choice of footwear, I either want to invest in a pair of chunky Fila trainers or begin adding boots back into my daily rotation. I’m envisioning knitwear, layered dresses, oversized coats and anything exceptionally cosy. Warmth is the goal, without compromising on style. It can be hard to define my style, especially as it varies depending on my mood. In two words, I would define it as chic and street, contrasting looks yet very me.

H&M Cardigan Central London Style

What style tips do you adopt during the winter season?

Until next time, stay fabulous,

12 Comments

1. abbeylouisarose
    January 14, 2019 / 5:27 pm

It definitely is easy to slip into a winter clothing slump and be wearing joggers and hoodies until spring! Adding warming accessories such as gloves, scarves and ear warmers is a really easy way to jazz up what would otherwise be a really simple outfit! I think you’re nailing your winter clothing style, looking forward to seeing what you’ll be wearing in the next season!

• tajinder
      Author
      January 14, 2019 / 6:01 pm

Exactly, making simple changes or adding accessories can easily elevate an outfit instantly.

Tx.

2. January 14, 2019 / 5:28 pm

I absolutely LOVE roll neck (or “turtleneck” for my fellow Americans) tops. I used to think they were so frumpy and old-fashioned, but I have a few in different prints now. My cobra roll neck top is definitely a fave and looks great paired with a blazer!

Also a giant, knit cardigan looks great thrown over jeans+t-shirt and also with a sleek work dress. Can’t go wrong there.

• tajinder
      Author
      January 14, 2019 / 6:03 pm

My opinion on roll necks changed too, I use to be the same and think they were old-fashioned but now I adore them! I definitely agree knit cardigans work wonders on most outfits.

Tx.

3. January 14, 2019 / 6:41 pm

I love your style, your cardigan is so cute! I’m the same, and would live in a blanket all winter if I could, I’m all about comfort and warmth! I pretty much live in cosy jumpers and wrap myself up in a scarf if I have to venture outside. Great post, really enjoyed reading your styling tips <3 xx

Bexa

• tajinder
      Author
      January 14, 2019 / 11:09 pm

Thank you beauty, I actually got it from H&M a while ago. It feels great to know I’m not alone, someone else understands the winter struggle. I’m glad you enjoy the post dear!

Tx.

4. January 15, 2019 / 1:06 pm

Great ideas! For me I do bold colors + turtlenecks and sweaters. I wear spring stuff in the winter just layered also lol. Gotta be cute and warm!

• tajinder
      Author
      January 15, 2019 / 10:25 pm

Thank you dear. Honestly layering is the best, warm, simple and effortlessly chic!

Tx.

5. Natonya
    January 16, 2019 / 9:23 pm

First off, your blog is aesthetically pleasing to my eyes, I could get lost on it, feels like a personal glossy diary 🙂 I agree with you about not compromising style in the winter, which makes winter super fun because of the layering opportunity. I myself have been getting a hold on blazers, they are a constructive way to complete an outfit and bring some dimension to layers. This was a really fun post to read Tajinder! I’m sharing it on Twitter ASAP!

Natonya | https://justnatonya.wordpress.com/

• tajinder
      Author
      January 17, 2019 / 2:52 pm

Aww Natonya, your comment just brought a massive smile to my face, thank you for the kind words. I agree blazers have the ability to add depth to various outfit combinations – a fashion miracle in winter in my opinion. I’m glad you enjoyed the post dear!

Tx.

6. Sarbjit
    January 18, 2019 / 8:18 pm

Great photos and styling tips.

• tajinder
      Author
      January 20, 2019 / 12:03 am

Thank you dear, appreciate it.

Tx.