Tastes of the tropics
Full of exotic fruits, rainbow colours and a hint of magic
It’s the festive season after all
Magic is in the air
Whether you’re hosting the big dinner
Or attending as a guest
Let’s take the experience up a notch
Focusing on the beverages
Hot and cold
Specifically made for the holiday season
Adding extra spice to the meal
Mocktails and hot chocolate
The whole day is covered for tasty treats
Ready, set, enjoy.
A Holiday Punch
Simple, festive and fruity – what could go wrong?
1. Mix together cranberry, pineapple and orange juice in a pitcher, then slowly add ginger beer for a little kick.
2. Coat the rim of your glass with sugar, then add ice and a slice of orange.
3. Add the mixture to the glass, and enjoy the holiday punch.
Cloudy Blueberry Spritz
Refreshing, flavourful and guilt-free.
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, lime juice and pineapple juice, stir well.
2. Add white grape juice, fresh mint and fresh blueberries. Using the back of a spoon, crush a few of the blueberries to get the juice flowing.
3. Shake all the ingredients well and then strain into a glass.
4. Top with lemonade for a little fizz and garnish by adding fresh blueberries.
Festive Peppermint Mocha
Morning wake up call or an evening delight.
1. In a large saucepan, heat milk and sugar over medium heat.
2. Once bubbles begin to appear around the sides of the pan add hot chocolate mix. Whisk until blended, then add peppermint extract and brewed coffee. Let it heat through.
3. Pour it into your favourite mug, with whipped cream and peppermint sprinkles (optional).
Special Spiced Hot Chocolate
Comforting, spiced and full of warmth.
1. In a large saucepan mix sugar, baking cocoa and a pinch of salt. Add milk, stir over medium heat.
2. Add vanilla extract and almond extract, then stir until heated through.
3. Remove from heat, pour into a mug, top with marshmallows and sprinkle of cocoa.
What’s your favourite festive drink?
Until next time, stay fabulous,